“If you’re honest, you sooner or later have to confront your values. Then you’re forced to separate what is right from what is merely legal. This puts you metaphysically on the run.”Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker
My Values: Truth, Meaning, Humor, Courage, Creativity
Solving problems. Making, whether in the digital or physical realm. These are two of the things that get me out of bed everyday. I believe I have a knack for quickly understanding something and then distilling it down to its core. I know how to craft compelling stories that will engage your customers; I work with clients both big and small.
I like Steven Pressfield’s take on Being a Pro
- A professional shows up every day.
- We show up no matter what.
- We stay on the job all day, we don’t go home until the whistle blows.
- We are committed to the long haul. Until we hit the lottery we are part of the labor force.
- The stakes are real.
- We accept enumeration for our labor.
- We don’t over identify with our jobs. We are not our job descriptions.
- We master the technique of our jobs.
- We have a sense of humor about our jobs.
- We accept praise or blame in the real world.